Monday, September 8, 2008

Potty Training

So I figured I would write for a minute because I'm a little frustrated right now. Izzy had started showing interest in the potty a few months ago and then stopped. Labor Day weekend she went up to Elliot and told him she need to use the potty. She went and we were so proud of her. One of her prizes was she gets to wear Dora panties. She continued to go the rest of the night and most of the next day without any real accidents. We had to go to work after that and didn't want to send her to the babysitter with only a day and a half of potty time. So we took this last weekend off to truly potty train her. She only had one poopie accident and one pee accident, but as soon as she knew she was going pee, she stopped and told us she had to go and then went. These were the only accidents in 3 days. We were so EXCITED. We thought, Man can it really be this easy? Well, we took her to daycare today and let her babysitter know she had had no real accidents and there shouldn't be any problems. Elliot picked her up this afternoon and she hadn't gone in the potty once. She had three accidents and wouldn't even try in the potty. Yet, as soon as she got home, we put her on the potty again and she went. I don't know what to do. Izzy has a good day potty jar that she gets candy or stickers from if she goes. We are going to take that to the babysitter tomorrow and see if that will be a good incentive. She is also hesitant about going poop in the potty. She will hold it for a couple of days before she goes and then it isn't so fun to push it out. I now see the frustration of potty training moms. It's a lot of work. I think my babysitter will be getting a bonus this month for putting up with accidents!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, potty training is so much fun. :) It sounds like she is doing great, especially at home. Don't worry, it will come. Good luck!