Sunday, August 16, 2009
My sewing project
I'm pretty proud of myself which is why I'm posting this. Nyree had mentioned that she was making a car seat cover for her baby and I thought.....why not try to make one for myself. I went online and found a pattern (I did have to pay a small fee) and after looking at fabric at various places, I decided Walmart actually had the cheapest for what I was looking for. I wanted flannel and Joann's was $5 a yard. Walmart was having a sale on their flannel at only $2.50 a yard. Now being that I hadn't sewn in at least 4 years, I had to go online and my sewing machine manual to see how to thread the machine and load the bobbin. After a couple hours of work, this is how my project turned out. 
I probably won't use this right off since it will be Nov. when the baby is here and cold. (I bought the JJ cole bundle me). But I think this will come in handy for spring with warmer weather, but needing something for the sun or a light rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is such a great idea. I put the jj cole on my registry but I dont think ill need it unless i go to panguitch....... vegas isn't all that cold!!! Cute Idea
Post a Comment