Friday, July 30, 2010
Llama fest
After my friend Melissa went to the festival of colors at the Krishna Temple, we (I) have been interested in the different activities they host there. I already have the date bookmarked for the Festival of Colors for next year, but I stumbled upon the Llama fest that took place July 17th. Basically Llamas that are raised in the U.S. are treated as pets and placed in a backyard, but elsewhere in the world they are used for work. The Krishna Temple gets everyone together that owns a Llama in Utah and showcases them for a day. Izzy got to ride one. We then bought food and went into a corral with about 15 of them to feed and pet them. We saw one baby one that was about 2 1/2 weeks old. Very cute, but the owner and mother were very protective so we didn't get to pet it. We also went inside the Krishna Temple to learn about the Hindu religion. It was actually a fun activity that we will probably go to next year.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment