I guess I will talk about the new year ahead before I post christmas pictures. Oh well....the scrapping hasn't really inspired me lately and I need to get the mojo flowing before I post them. Anyways, I was on Ali Edwards site (her link is now under my digital scrapbooking links) and she had made a post about the new year. She wanted everyone to come up with one word on what would describe their 2009 year. I think there were almost 2000 posts from various people on it so I started reading some. I kind of knew what I was looking for and someone had posted the word I wanted to use for my (our family) 2009 year. If you go to the link, you'll see that there is someone who will hand draw that word and can have it frame for you. It is super cute, but I didn't want to spend $20 on it so I tried to create a design for my word that I plan on framing in our house.
Around the frame I have put the 4 words that Elliot and I want to work on. Family, home, religion, and finances.
Around the frame I have put the 4 words that Elliot and I want to work on. Family, home, religion, and finances.-Family: Elliot and I have learned that we both work hard for our 8-9 hour days at work and then come home and just crash. That usually means we come home, turn on the T.V., eat in front of the T.V. and let Izzy watch whatever she wants on her little DVD. We both realize we want to spend more time with each other and Izzy. So our goal is to turn off the T.V. a few nights a week and for each hour of T.V. we watch, we will turn off the T.V. during that next hour to spend more time as a family.
-Home: I hate housework. Most of us do, and I clean up after people all day at work. So when I come home I don't want to clean my own house. We usually let it get really cluttered and then spend hours trying to clean the house later on. And when it's clean we are always really happy. So our goal is to start spending time on certain areas of the house more often so it isn't such a big project to clean the house all at once.
-Religion: Religion is a big part of life and what we believe in. I just don't feel we let it come first all the time. Now that Izzy is 2 1/2 and is starting to comprehend more and more each day, I want to start doing the simple things. Scripture reading and family home evening. I think this will go hand and hand with family time.
-Finances: I think everyone on this blog knows I'm a spender. I love it and it is comforting (kind of like food is to Elliot's family). My goal this year is to help my husband with a budget that he's been wanting to do for 7 years. If I have a better knowledge of what we pay in bills, I won't have such a need to spend money on the little things.
I'm actually kind of excited about these goals. I don't feel they are too lofty probably because I've been wanting to do them for awhile, but just making excuses.
4 comments:
Awesome, I love your goals. You are totally motivating!
I feel like such a "Resolution Slacker" this year...especially after I read this!! But good for you Kami!
But I wanted to comment on your previous post...I feel the same way about getting involved with sports so I can spend more time with Phil, but I really enjoy sports now and I don't feel ignored anymore either. I think you and I are smart about that, I mean look at all those women out there that just complain that their husbands don't pay enough attention to them...selfish, I say! :)
I am inspired! I haven't put my resolutions down yet, still chewing on them to make sure I've got the right mix.
kAMI!! I didn't mean to make you feel like you guys are bad examples during church!! We are still figuring this whole sacrament meeting thing out ourselves and Abbey is 8! It really doesn't bother me what they color I'm just trying to change things and maybe get them to think about church. Izzy is still so little anyway-like Halli would rather color the new pages than Dora-no way! I love being able to see you guys at church-but having Halli sit with you probably makes it hard, but she can't resist those fruitsnacks!
Post a Comment